This program is responsible for management of all financial operations for the City. Functional areas include:
- Customer Service
- Information Services
- Municipal Court
This division assists the City Manager and City Council in developing long range financial plans, and policies/procedures related to fiscal operations. Other responsibilities include oversight of the collection and processing of City revenues, ensuring the availability of funding to meet operational needs, managing banking activity within established guidelines, and administration of the City's investment portfolio pursuant to State law and the City of Kaufman Investment Policy.
Online Bill Payments
The City no longer takes credit card information over the telephone for utility bill payments please view our Online Bill Payment page.
On September 24, 2018, the City of Kaufman adopted a tax rate that will raise more taxes for maintenance and operations than last year's tax rate. The tax rate will effectively be raised by 5.46%, and will raise taxes for maintenance and operations on a $100,000 home by approximately $27.69.
- Fiscal Year 2019 Approved Budget
- Fiscal Year 2018 Proposed Budget
- FY 2017 Adopted Budget
- Fiscal Year 2016 Adopted Budget (PDF)
- TMR FY 2016 Kaufman General Obligation Debt
- 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- 2015 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (PDF)
- 2014 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (PDF)
Interim Finance Reports:
HB 3693 Compliance Report
HB 3693 requires governmental entities (including municipalities) to publish consumption and payment information for various utility services used by the entity annually.
The City of Kaufman will comply with the requirements of HB 3693 (Government Code 2265.001) by compiling and posting the following information annually:
(1) The total metered amount of electricity, water and natural gas used by the city or governmental entity for its services.
(2) The total amount paid for electricity, water and natural gas. The total annual cost paid for the three utility services appear as one figure.
City of Kaufman, Texas Municipal Energy Usage for Calendar Year 2018
City of Kaufman, Texas purchases natural gas from Atmos Energy. In calendar year 2018, City purchased a total of 2,335 CCF cubic feet of natural gas.
City of Kaufman, Texas purchases electricity from GEXA Energy and Trinity Valley Electric Coop. In calendar year 2018, the City purchased a total of 1,914,189 kilowatt hours.
City of Kaufman, Texas purchases water from North Texas Municipal Water District. In calendar year 2018, the City purchased a total of 459,989,000 gallons of water.
The total cost of natural gas, electricity and water purchased by the City of Kaufman in calendar year 2018 is $ 1,536,432.22.