The election information in this section of the City of Kaufman website is provided to promote the democratic process.
For complete information regarding Voter Registration and Election in Texas: Secretary of State and Texas Ethics Commission.
The Mayor and three (3) Council members shall be elected for two (2) year terms at the general election in odd-numbered years and three (3) Council members shall be elected for two (2) year terms at the general election in even-numbered years.
Application for Place on Ballot
2021 Election Candidate Packet
Each of the candidates for Mayor and Council members shall meet the following requirements set forth by the City of Kaufman’s Charter:
- Shall be at least twenty-one years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing.
- Shall be a qualified voter.
- Shall have resided within corporate limits of the City, or recently annexed territory, for at least twelve months prior to election day.
- Shall not, after notice of any delinquency, be in arrears in payment of taxes or other liabilities due the City.
- No candidate may file in a single election for more than one office or position as provided for in this Charter.
- No employee of the City shall continue in such position after filing for an elective office provided for in this Charter.
For more voter information please call the Kaufman County Elections Office.
Kaufman County Elections Office
The City contracts with the Kaufman County Elections Office to conduct our elections:
100 N Washington Street
Kaufman, TX 75142