Household Hazardous Waste Pick-up
The City of Kaufman and HHW Solutions have partnered to provide our residents with a curbside collection program to discard of Household Hazardous Wastes.
Please have your items at the curb by 8am on your scheduled collection day. Always follow the placement guidelines for safe and efficient pickup.
To schedule a pick up please click here.
Please note that items set out without scheduling, will NOT be collected.
For any questions please call HHW Solutions at (972) 440-2040.
- Schedule your HHW pick up – Schedule Here
- Do not mix chemicals
- Make sure all items are labeled (unlabeled items will not be collected)
- Flammable liquids must be in container approved for transporting flammable liquids
- Make sure all items have spill-proof lids
- Make sure chemicals do not spill, leak, or mix
- If original container is cardboard or paper, place item in labeled plastic bag
- If you have several small items, place them in a labeled box
- Leave item on your front porch or near front of house on collection day
- Item(s) will be collected between 8:00am and 6:00pm on your collection day.
- Chemicals must be in their original labeled containers, except used motor oil and cooking oil.
- All items must have spill-proof lids
- Collect oil in a container with a screw-top lid.
- All Items must have easily read labels
- For sized small containers, items must fit into a box no larger than 20″ x 14″ x 14″ in size.
- Used motor oil and used cooking oil (screw top lid)
- Batteries of all kinds
- Paint of all kinds
- Light bulbs of all kinds
- Household cleaners
- Aerosol cans
- Automotive fluids and fuels
- Lawn and garden items including fertilizer, pesticides and weed killers
- Pool chemicals and additives
- Vanishes, strippers, turpentine and stains
- Glues and epoxies
NOT Accepted Items:
- Asbestos / Arsenic / Cyanide
- Business / Commercial waste
- Chemicals not in original containers
- Medical waste / Infectious waste / Sharps
- Nuclear/radioactive waste
- Propane and butane cylinders
- Radioactive Materials
- Tires and trash
- Unidentified chemicals