The City of Kaufman is working closely with state and county health officials as we monitor the developing impacts of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
KAUFMAN, TX, NOVEMBER 30, 2020- In an abundance of caution, Kaufman City Hall will be closed to the public beginning November 30, 2020 until further notice. All necessary actions that require person-to-person contact will be made by appointment only by emailing email@example.com or calling 972-932-2216. Utility customers are strongly encouraged to transact their business by online payments, drop box, telephone or mail. Individuals requiring face-to-face discussion with the Police Department will have a phone number posted on the front door of City Hall to call. PD will greet you at the door and escort you. The Municipal Court Clerk will be available by appointment. Anyone entering the building will be screened prior to being allowed in. Thank you for your understanding as we try to protect our employees and residents the best we can.
KAUFMAN, TX, JUNE 29, 2020- Mayor Jordan issued the Second Mayoral Declaration regarding Local State of Disaster due to Public Health Emergency. Due to the increase in COVID-19 cases, the Mayor has determined that this declaration is necessary for the public health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Kaufman. Effective June 30, 2020 at 12:01 a.m., face coverings in commercial entities and by the general public will be required. The order requires people follow the CDC guidelines in regards to face coverings. Please view the declaration attached below for more information.
KAUFMAN, TX, May 18, 2020- Effective May 18, 2020, City Hall will be open for business without an appointment. You will be required to wear a mask to conduct business inside of the facility. Temperatures will be taken prior to entry as well as a few questions to ensure the safety of our staff and others in the building. If you are feeling sick, please stay home and conduct your business over the phone. We are still encouraging our citizens to utilize the online resources available.
KAUFMAN, TX, APRIL 27, 2020- On Monday, April 27th, the Kaufman City Council amended the Local Disaster Declaration to reflect that the city will be following the Governor’s Executive Orders as they come out.
KAUFMAN COUNTY SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER
KAUFMAN, TX, MARCH 24, 2020 (3:30 P.M.)- On Tuesday, March 24th, Kaufman County issued a Shelter in Place order to continue with the efforts to reduce the potential impact of COVID-19.
Effective 11:59 p.m. on March 25, 2020 and continuing until 11:59 p.m. on April 8, 2020, Kaufman County will be under a Shelter in Place Order. What does that mean?
- All individuals living in Kaufman County are ordered to shelter at their place of residence (home, apartment, hotel, motel, etc.).
- All businesses within Kaufman County, except Essential Business, are required to cease all activities at facilities located within the County. However, individuals may still work from home.
- All public gatherings outside of a single household are prohibited.
- Restaurants will only provide take out, delivery, or drive-thru services.
- Religious and worship services may only be provided by video and teleconference.
- All elective medical, surgical, and dental procedure are prohibited anywhere in the County.
What are the Essential Activities?
- Activities or tasks essential to the health and safety of yourself or a family member.
- Obtaining necessary services or supplies for yourself or your family. (food, pet supplies, household consumer products, and products necessary to maintain safety, sanitation, and essential operation of your home)
- Engaging in outdoor activity while complying with social distancing requirements of 6 feet (walking, biking, hiking, or running)
- Performing work providing essential products and services at an Essential Business
- Caring for a family member or pet in another household.
What is an Essential Business?
- Healthcare/ Public Health Employee
- Law Enforcement, Public Safety, First Responders
- Electric Industry
- Petroleum Workers
- Natural Gas and Propane Workers
- Water and Wastewater Employees
- Transportation and Logistics
- Public Works
- Communications and Information Technology
- Other Community-based Government Operations and Essential Functions
- Critical Manufacturing
- Financial Services
- Chemical supply company
- Defense Industry Base
- Essential Government Functions
- Essential Critical Infrastructure
- Essential Retail (Food Service, Laundry Services, Gas Station, Auto supply/repair, hardware stores,)
- Essential services necessary to maintain essential operations of residences or other essential businesses (trash, recycling, mail/shipping, cleaning, etc.)
- News Media
- Childcare Services
What is the City of Kaufman doing?
- City Staff will be reduced to a “skeleton” crew. City services will still be maintained just with a smaller staff to handle to day to day functions.
- City Hall will remain locked and be by appointment only. We will continue to screen individuals who wish to enter the facility.
All public meetings will be held via video conference utilizing a program called WebEx. (we will post more information as available)
DISASTER DECLARATION AND ORDER
KAUFMAN, TX, MARCH 17, 2020 (1:00 P.M.)- On Monday, March 16th, Kaufman City Council signed a declaration of local disaster for public health emergency to minimize the potential impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the City of Kaufman. Council also issued an order prohibiting mass gatherings of 50 people or more, closing City Hall except for by appointment, cancelling all organized youth sports at the Sports Complex, and recommending Social distancing. This order is effective from 12:01 p.m. on March 17th until further notice.
DISASTER DECLARATION AND ORDER SUMMARY
- Prohibits gatherings inside the city limits of groups greater than 50 people
- All organized youth sports are postponed (baseball & soccer)
- City Hall doors will remain locked during the business day … all necessary actions that require person-to-person contact will be made by appointment only. Utility customers are strongly encouraged to transact their business by mail, dropbox, telephone or online payments.
- Those requiring face-to-face discussion with the Police Department will have a phone number posted on the front door of City Hall to call. PD will greet you at the door and escort you.
- All non-essential Municipal Court activities are postponed at the discretion of the Municipal Judge.
- Utility customers that can demonstrate hardship (loss of job, etc) related to Coronavirus Pandemic will be afforded extreme latitude in keeping your account current. Utility shutoffs will be suspended for those customers.
WHAT IS COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)?
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
- The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands; and rarely, fecal contamination.
City of Kaufman
State of Texas
For more Information on COVID-19 and the plans of the School District please refer to the links below: