How do I get my car out of impound?

You have to provide proof of ownership to the impounding wrecker storage facility to obtain your vehicle from the auto impound. The owner of the impounded vehicle must have the following items in order to claim the vehicle:

  • State issued picture ID or driver's license
  • Certificate of title or bill of sale
  • If ownership has changed within the last 30 days, a copy of the computer registration printout from the Department of Motor Vehicles or the title / bill of sale along with current insurance

If someone other than the registered owner is claiming the vehicle they must have:

  • Notarized authorization to release the vehicle from the owner
  • Legal repossession documentation

The Kaufman Police Department utilizes the following towing services:

Advanced Towing

Jones Automotive Wrecker Service

Paac Towing

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of a Police Report?
2. I received a traffic citation, where do I go to take care of it?
3. Where is the Police Department located?
4. Can I request extra patrol in my neighborhood?
5. How do I get my car out of impound?
6. How do I get a copy of my driving record?
7. How do I file a minor accident report?
8. What should I do if I see a crime in progress?
9. How do I get someone out of jail?
10. How can I get a listing of sex offenders living in Kaufman?